- To be South Africa’s most reliable and valued financial services partner.
- Safeguarding your world with compassion.
- Respect: Treating colleagues, clients and other stakeholders with respect, courtesy and fairness.
- Customer Excellence: Connecting with our clients in a professional, ethical and focused manner.
- Passion: Approaching every task with determination, energy and commitment.
- Integrity: Adhering to high moral standards and being honest in all that we do.
- Teamwork: Working effectively with others, utilising individual and combined strengths to succeed.
Clientèle has cultivated an understanding of the needs for financial protection and investment for South Africans from all walks of life. These needs are well provided for in Clientèle's comprehensive yet uncomplicated range of products, which include life insurance, dread disease insurance, hospital insurance, investment and legal insurance products. This simplicity, efficiency and convenience extends throughout Clientèle's product range and service.
Restructuring took place during May 2008 whereby Clientèle Limited became the new JSE holding company of the Clientèle Group. The rationale was to increase the flexibility of the Clientèle Group to introduce complementary product offerings beyond its traditional life assurance products.
Clientèle Limited is a diverse financial services group, marketing valuable financial services products via its two highly regarded brands; Clientèle and IFA. We have consistently been rated in the Top 50 companies for sustainable growth. The following awards and milestones have been achieved by the Group:
- Clientèle ranked No.2 in Financial Mail Top Companies of 2014.
- A JSE listed company that has increased profits every year for the last 16 years.
- Our National Contact Centre won the Award for the Best Contact Centre in South Africa at the Contact Centre Management Group of South Africa awards.
- The only JSE listed company that has increased profits every year for the last 15 years.
- Voted number 1 in the Life Assurance category of the Star’s reader’s choice awards.
- Awarded 1st position for Service Excellence in the long-term insurance industry by the Ask Afrika Orange index for 2013
- Positioned at number 18 in the Financial Mail "Top Company” survey.
- Silver award awarded to the National Contact Centre by the Contact Centre Management Group of South Africa.
- DSA Vision for Tomorrow Merit Award
- Ranked 38th in the Business Times Top 100 Companies for compound growth in the value of Share Price over 5 years.
- Ranked 44th in the Business Times Top 100 Companies for compound growth in the value of Share Price over 1 year.
- In 'The Star Annual Readers’ Choice 2011 Awards – Clientèle was voted:
- Best Life Insurance
- Best Insurance Company
- Sunday Times Top Brands’ for 2011 – Clientèle was voted 6th Long-Term Insurance Consumer Metro
- DSA Education for Life Award
- DSA Vision for Tomorrow Merit Award
- Best rated company listed under the Life Sector of the JSE on the Business Times Top 100 Companies Survey
- Ranked 10th on Business Times Top 100 Companies Survey for return on shareholders’ funds over five years
- Voted 5th favourite life insurance company in the Rapport TGI Survey "SA’s 2010 Icon Trademarks”
- Voted "Best” insurance company by the Star’s Readers Choice Awards
- Ranked 51st amongst all listed companies for return on shareholders’ funds on the Business Times Top 100 Companies Survey
- Ranked 41st amongst all listed companies on the JSE for sustainable growth over 10 years on the Business Times top 100 Companies Survey
- Ranked 26th on Business Times Top 100 Companies Survey for compound growth in earnings
- Ranked 12th on Business Times Top 100 Companies Survey for return on shareholders’ funds
- DSEF Innovation and Education Award
- DSA Education Award
- Ranked 11th amongst all listed companies on the JSE for sustainable growth over 10 years on the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies Survey
Clientèle and IFA both pride themselves on having a strong compliance culture and operate within the guidelines set by the FSB (Financial Services Board). Clientèle has an active Compliance Department and is a member of the Association for Savings and Investments SA (ASISA) (previously the Life Offices Association (LOA)) and the Direct Selling Association (DSA).
Clientèle Life’s ratio of free assets to the Capital Adequacy Requirement at 30 June 2012 was 2.95 times, which is one of the highest in the industry and well in excess of the statutory requirement of 1 times free assets.
Clientèle strives to ensure that it conducts its business with the utmost integrity towards all stakeholders. Through contractual obligations, operating instructions and staff education, Clientèle strives to ensure, in particular, that the company’s products are presented in an accurate and transparent manner in order to give the best possible protection to its policyholders.